It’s a prudent move to select a reliable designer given the complexity of today’s home improvement projects. There’s a lot you can do with both exterior and interior flooring, provided you find a capable installation company. If you’re still on the fence about starting a flooring project, we’d like to give you a few tips on how to find the best design/installation crew for the job.
How to Select Your Unique Designer
Use these six criteria for finding an outstanding floor designer.
- Only work with a company that gets positive consumer reviews.
- Are you familiar with Google Reviews or Amazon Reviews? This is where consumers go to rate and evaluate service companies and other businesses. A reputable flooring company will have a Google profile that shows their rating on a scale of one to five stars. The best businesses have a rating of over four stars.
- Make sure they are up front about project costs.
- Another hallmark of exemplary service involves providing thorough cost estimates before beginning any important task. Your flooring company should give you a good idea of the costs of materials, like Terrazzo, as well as the labor expenses.
- They should offer multiple flooring options.
- Intra-State Terrazzo installs many flooring materials such as Terrazzo, polished concrete, stampcrete, and rock salt concrete. You would obviously not want to have a salesman hoodwink you into a flooring solution that wasn’t what you had in mind.
- Good floor designers will respect your time preferences.
- Not everybody has the same timeframe for doing a major flooring renovation, and good companies know this. While some folks can dedicate several months to a project, others cannot. Your contractor should tailor project expectations to fit your needs.
- Make sure they have insurance for their trade.
- Legitimate service professionals carry insurance because their work is difficult, intricate, and expensive. It should be a huge red flag if a flooring company doesn’t have any.
- Ask about service warranties.
- All contract companies that do significant work on your home, be it flooring, roofing, or even window installation, should offer (and honor) service warranties. This protects against poor workmanship. Plus, even the best floor installation crews could make a mistake. The warranty means they’ll come back and fix it promptly without charging a bunch more.
Intra-State Terrazzo strives to meet these expectations with every client we serve in the Naples/Sarasota area. We want you to have full confidence in the work we do because installing a new floor isn’t cheap. You can call us to learn more about our services at 941-758-3104.