We’re about to head right into summer, which means it’s time for outdoor fun and entertainment. Many homeowners realize the best way to do this is to turn their own backyards into a total “outdoor element.” Two popular methods for this involve refurbishing a concrete patio or building a swimming pool.
We’ll show you some advantages to doing this with new rustic terrazzo outdoor flooring. It not only boosts the aesthetic appeal but also adds home value and cultivates a total backyard oasis.
Reasons to Upgrade Your Outdoor Flooring
- Durable Materials
- The flooring materials we use, especially Terrazzo, are recycled and synthesized into the most durable product. This means you don’t have to worry as much about dirt, cracks, warping, and other degradations. You also won’t have to replace your pool deck or patio as often.
- Slip Resistance
- Don’t forget that when you install a new pool (or anything else involving water), you’ll have to consider slip resistance. We use Rustic Terrazzo for this very reason. It’s coarse enough to provide better friction, and, unlike wooden decks, there won’t be any problems with splinters.
- Lots of Customization Opportunities
- As we’ll show you in a moment, there are a bunch of options under the banner of Terrazzo or stamped concrete. We can prove this by showing you our finished project portfolio, where you’ll find an array of awesome designs, colors, and patterns. Terrazzo is the same aggregate materials they used for flooring and buildings in marvelous locations like Disney World, St. Peter’s Basilica, and numerous Art déco-style buildings.
Now that we know a few reasons to consider flooring upgrades, let’s check out the most aesthetic and durable materials.
The Best Outdoor Flooring Materials for Patios & Pools
- Rustic Terrazzo – This is a great way to refurbish old concrete. We apply it as an overlay on top of concrete sub-beds. It’s durable, looks fantastic, and offers plenty of slip resistance.
- Stampcrete – Here is where you get some serious design potential. Stampcrete is a staple patio material for upper-middle-class homes throughout America. Our team can help you do this to mimic the appearance of stone, brick, slate, and more.
- Shellcrete – Shellcrete is another recycled aggregate, very customizable, lime-based material. This makes it suitable for all purposes as a smooth, colorful, yet still durable surface.
- Others – Then there are even more terrific ways Intra-State Terrazzo can help you renovate your backyard area. This includes full cement pavements and spray decks. The latter option is an acrylic coating you can use to solidify existing decks or for entirely new installations. It’s a great idea for swimming pool decks, lanais, driveways, and more.
Do any of these look like something that would be great for your home in Sarasota?
If so, then we’d love to explore upgrade opportunities with you. Intra-State Terrazzo is a fully accredited company with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and receives lots of positive client feedback for thorough flooring services. Call us anytime to learn more or schedule a consultation at 941-758-3104.